Most of us make New Year’s Resolutions, but how many of us keep them? Let’s…
My 5 must-have travel survival tools
A few simple items can take travel from brutal to manageable.
- Your favorite headache medicine. Advil, Tylenol… whatever you depend on to help with aches and pains is almost as important as packing your driver’s license and phone!
- Sunglasses. I sometimes even wear them inside or on the plane. Not because I am a diva (though I suppose that all depends on who you ask!), but because of bright sunshine or florescent lighting. This can stop that headache before it even happens!
- Earplugs. From the copious announcements to the guy snoring in 13F, adding this simple buffer between you and the outside world makes a huge difference. Plus, they might help you sleep better in your hotel.
- Comfy clothes. I’m talking pants that don’t wrinkle too much or dig into your waist. Maybe a few layers should the plane be extra cold (or extra hot if you get held on the tarmac for an extended period). Then there’s the slip-on shoes and a scarf blanket. Put them all together and you’re good to go.
- Let’s not forget the most important items… food! I like to go with high protein foods like nuts, energy bars and fruit. Keeping on top of your hunger can be the difference in happiness or Crabbytown. Just don’t forget you put that banana in your bag. Been there, done that!
If you remember to bring these 5 things with you when you travel, you’ll arrive at your destination a little less stressed. Any who doesn’t want that?!
This Post Has 9 Comments
C O Bigelow Rose Salve for dry lips( doubles as a cuticle cream)and some hand cream. I get so dry in planes.
My favorite is a book and book light
Aloe Gel, for sunburn, moisturizer, hair gel, topical analgesic
Refillable water bottle.
Warm socks (booties). Shoes off, socks on. When my feet are warm I can sleep more easily.
Lens cleaner in travel packs. Never fails ready to read and readers dirty, same with sunglasses ????
iPad/iPhone, earphones, Netflix downloads, water bottle, snacks
iPad/iPhone, earphones, Netflix downloads, water bottle & snacks
Travel kettle and coffee making supplies, whether the hotel provides or not. I must have my first cup right away????